National Marketing Managers Group
Join the Google group:
To help everyone keep in touch and share ideas we have created a 'Google Group' where members can liaise with each other directly. Please note this is an ASDC-members only group.
- Visit groups.google.com/d/forum/science-centre-marketing
- Click on the 'Join group' link. The Join group dialog box appears. Refer to About Group and Join Group dialog boxes.
- Fill in the options on the Join Group dialog box.
- Click the Join this group button. You'll receive notification when your membership has been approved.
- Simply send emails to: science-centre-marketing 'at' googlegroups.com. These will then automatically be distributed amongst the members of the group.
Across the UK there are a variety of marketing and PR managers and teams working with great vibrancy and creativity to celebrate and publicise the excellent work of their organisations, and promoting them as inviting and involving places to visit.
The 60 member organisations of ASDC include the majority of the UKs major science museums, natural history museums, environment centres and of course the science and discovery centres of all shapes and sizes.
Marketing and PR managers and teams from across the UK have told us they want to get together to share ideas, best practice and campaigns that have really worked to increase both footfall and revenue.
Following a very successful conference in November 2010, a specialist networking group for Marketing Managers where they can share their ideas, follow up discussions and arrange future meetings was created.
Hosted by the National Space Centre in Leicester, the conference included speakers from WikiMedia, CIM and Centre for Life.
Highlights from 2010's conference included:
- Keynote speech from Chris Ward: Director of 1Goal: Education For All (FIFA World Cup 2010 legacy) and former Creative Communications Director for Comic Relief.
- Half-day focus on 'marketing campaigns that really worked' sharing the very best from the industry.
- Guest speaker Martin Williams, Sales & Marketing Director for The Eden Project (previously Sales & Marketing Director for LEGOLAND Windsor).
- Half-day focus on developing your digital strategy, maximising your opportunities and developing your brand personality online.
- Guest speaker Mike Ellis from The Research and Innovation Group at Eduserv, a not-for-profit IT company (previously Web Manager for the Science Museum).
View the full programme and event details from 2010's conference here