Time for Nano
Time for Nano is an EU-wide project, developed through a collaboration between 13 organisations across Europe (see below).
Additionally ASDC is being partnered by five of our member centres within the UK. They are:
- Bolton Science and Technology Centre
- Dundee Science Centre, Sensation
- Science Oxford
Our UK partners were selected through a tender process in January 2010.
The project has led to the development of an exciting 'nano Kit': a hands-on kit full of experiments to help people discover the weird world of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Our partner centres will be putting on special, themed nano days between September 2010 and June 2011. During the days they will hand out kits to local schools, and give train the teachers on how to use them. Keep checking back here and on their websites for details of when their fantastic nano days will be.
- Partner Organisations:
- Ecsite – the European Network
of Science Centres and Associations, Belgium
- BridA, zavod za sodobno umetnost (BridA), Slovenia
- Ciencia Viva - Agencia Nacional para a Cultura Cientifica e Tecnológica (Ciencia Viva), Portugal
- Centre de culture scientifique technique et industrielle (CCSTI La Casemate), France
- Turkey Science Centres Foundation (TSCF), Turkey
- Technopolis, the Flemish science centre (Technopolis), Belgium
- Politechnika Warszawska (Warsaw University of Technology), Poland
- The Association for Science and Discovery Centres, United Kingdom
- Deutsches Museum von Meisterwerken der Naturwissenschaft und Technik, (Deutsches Museum), Germany
- Observa (Observa), Italy
- CUEN, Italy
- Ecsite – the European Network of Science Centres and Associations, Belgium
More information about the project is available from the Time for Nano website.
The project is generously supported by the European Commission's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7).