Fundraising for STEM Clubs
ASDC is delighted to continue our collaboration with STEMNET through these resources on fundraising. We share STEMNET's vision of a viable and supported STEM Club in every school.
Summary of what's available
- Introduction to fundraising covers the background to fundraising. It has useful information to help you understand the whole fundraising process, but less in terms of practical do's and don'ts.
- Where to find money provides tips on how to find appropriate organisations that might like to give financial support to your STEM Club. It includes lists of example organisations, such as funding bodies and businesses.
- How to write to funding bodies has practical advice on how to write to funding bodies. What are the main things you should consider and how to frame your application.
- How to write to businesses has practical advice on writing letters to businesses and includes an example writing frame.
- What matched funding is gives an introduction to the concept of matched funding and illustrates it with examples.
- How to show impact will help you think about how to evaluate your projects and demonstrate their impact.
- Example activities has a range of activities that you might like to take inspiration from.
- Glossary of terms is our fundraising jargon-buster.
We hope that teachers will find the resources on these pages encouraging, and applying for funding a simpler, less daunting process.
With additional money, we would love to see STEM Clubs visit one of the many science and discovery centres around the country. To find your nearest centre, please use our map.